Subject: [Leica] A brief break
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 19:13:15 +1100

Just to pre-warn any/everyone, that I will be away for a week from
tomorrow. Please keep those images and inquires for the Family of Man 2
project coming in. This is the third year of the project, and as we
approach the half way mark, there are a number of new and interesting
developments. I looks as if the exhibition will get some sort of
airing. We have had more interest, and for an un-funded and
un-sponsored project, we are doing very nicely.

For those who have sent in the images from year 2 thank you. Helen has
taken a "course" on photographic storage, and I hope you images are
"safe". For those who "owe" me hard copies, keep working on it ----
just think how stupid you would feel if your images miss out on
exhibition. I have not been able to communicate with Jim Gatlin's
family: I'm sure he would have wanted to have his images included, but
his loss to the project and the LUG may make this hard. If anyone can
help let me know.

My week away will be with cameras, and I hope to come back with worthy
images. Keep shooting and keep in touch. I'll sign off tomorrow

Cheers
Alastair