Subject: Re: [Leica]Korban Photo Essay
From: "Red Dawn" <reddawn@singnet.com.sg>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:46:53 +0800

Hi

thanks all for your comments.

yes, i do realise there's probably a bit more images than necessary to tell
the story. when i was editing it from over 100 images i had in my mind the
equivalent of the task of laying out a book - not that i am seriously going
to publish a book based on the pictures, but rather, trying to play the role
of a book editor..........

when i get some time later tonight after work, i will sit down and filter
them down to 20 for a proper essay :)

btw it's funny that David Degner should mention Sebastio Salgado. I am
currently on his "Workers" book, as well as an excellent book on W. Eugene
Smith's photo essays from 1935 to 1975. Both of these guys use a lot more
images to show viewers wat's happening, which I thought was rather
appropriate.

of course they were both much better photographers :)

boon hwee

Message from Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net> (Re: [Leica]Korban Photo Essay)