Subject: Re: [Leica] Autofocus Leica R
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 15:27:04 -0800

Kit McChesney | acmefoto wrote:

> Well, you may say that my statements are distorted, but I disagree. So what
> if Beethoven was deaf before he started making music? Can one never imagine
> music at all if they've never heard it? Don't blind people see images in
> their heads, even if they've never actually "seen" something with their
> eyes, as you've seen it? As to criticisms of his later work, criticism is
> ephemeral, as everyone knows. I doubt if anyone would say today that
> Beethoven's Ninth Symphony was a disaster. And if he could not handle
> dynamic range in his later work, do we know that was due to his deafness,

Not to but in but Beethoven later work is not criticized. It's revered
as the best music ever written up their with the work of Bach. Throw a
concert in an American auditorium and NOT play a Beethoven symphony and
see who shows up. Even the earlier ones and even the even numbered ones
will do in a pinch.

His early when he could still hear work is sometimes criticized by
freshman critics who know a little, not a lot about music.
They also postulate that Beethoven's work would be less good if he'd not
gone deaf. I love that one.
Anther freshman critic thing.
Just think how good his music would have been if he would have also gone blind!

LUDWIG CAN YOU HEAR ME!?

SURE PLAYS A MEAN PIN BALL!

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA