Subject: RE: [Leica] 24mm viewing
From: Skip Williams <leica@skipwilliams.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 09:08:08 -0500

Yes, I understand that there isn't any parallex correciton with the VF extents,  That's pretty obvious.

But we all know that when shooting without using the framelines, there is invisible parallex error when using either the VF or separate finder, which increases as you focus closer.

You may be right that the VF or separate finder are equally in error, but of different extents.  I didn't really get a camera out and try to measure it.

But in any case, a user planning to do close-up, ultra-wide-angle photos should do some testing to determine the extent of parallex error with either solution.

Skip

Please reply to [skipwilliams at pobox.com]
Direct responses to the email address on the header may get lost