Subject: Re: [Leica] V35 Module
From: Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 16:16:32 +0100

Yes, the filters can be replaced, or at least it was possible two
years ago. Check with Leica, I even think they had something about it
on their web-site a few years ago. Be prepared for real Leica prices.

A B+W V35 module was  for sale on German ebay a few weeks ago, the
price was ridicously low compared to Leica's filter glass only prices.

BTW, when I got my V35 a few years ago, I tested the filters in the
B+W module against under the lens Ilford filter. They both did the
same thing, results were indistinguishable in all respects. I had
thought that the under the lens filters would degrade print
sharpness, but they did not. The V35 module with dial in filter
grades is of course much simpler to work with than under the lens
filters.

I cannot understand why Daniel has a problem. Perhaps he has lost one
of the filter glasses or it has moved out of its proper position.
Have you checked the filter slider Daniel?

>Speaking of which, is there a way of replacing the old filters with
>current ones?
>Slobodan Dimitrov
>
>Daniel Ridings wrote:
>>
>>  Louis,
>>
>>  No I don't, I have one, but it's not for sale (simply because I don't have
>>  a straight module to replace it with). I've given up on the multigrade
>>  filtering in the V35. Don't bother. Pick up some Ilford filters and use
>>  them. You'll get better results. Maybe mine is bad, but Instead of a grade
>>  range of 0 - 6 I'm getting something like 3 1/2 to 5.
>>
>>  Save your money.
>>
>>  Daniel
>>
>>  At 14:22 07.03.2003 -0500, you wrote:
>>  >Hi,
>>  >
>>  >Does anybody have a black & white module for a V35 for sale? I am looking
>>  >for a new or used in mint condition.
>>  >
>>  >Thanks.
>>  >