Subject: Re: [Leica] Comments on a BD Colen statement & PMA
From: "Nathan Wajsman (private)" <nathanw@bluewin.ch>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 21:47:57 +0100

What is a "fair" price? Nebulous concepts like that are of little use in
practice. That is why economists never talk about fair prices; rather,
we talk about market-clearing prices, i.e. prices at which supply and
demand are in balance. If there is a shortage of something, it means
that the price is below the market-clearing level (e.g. Tom's
Rapidwinders) and if there is a glut, then the price is above that level
(e.g. telecommunications capacity at the moment). "Fairness" is
meaningless in this context.

Nathan