Subject: Re: [Leica] PMA 2003/Viewfinder MP/M7
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 21:57:26 -0500

Kit,
I suspect that this viewfinder thing is in a state of flux.  Non of the
display M7's shown had the new viewfinder, a very high official of Leica USA
was the one who said that they were not presently in M7's.
I can interpret our versions that the new viewfinders are being used in all
production M's, but Leica doesn't want people shopping serial numbers for
the right viewfinder like what happened with electronics on the R8.  I can
also interpret the transplant thing as parts are in very short supply at the
current time.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com