Subject: [Fwd: [Leica] MP Classic by Eastland]
From: Bill Satterfield <cwsat@istate.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 15:01:15 -0600

try this.

- -------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Leica] MP Classic by Eastland
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 14:59:23 -0600
From: Bill Satterfield <cwsat@istate.net>
To: "cwsat >> Bill Satterfield" <cwsat@istate.net>

www.rabinergroup.com/pdfs/ClassicMP.pdf

The above download is a 4 page PDF written by Jonathan Eastland as I was
talking about yesterday which I have uploaded for him so the LUG can
take a look at it. I tried sending a PDF to the lug and guess what? No go!

Jonathan gives us quite a perspective to view were we all are on this
whole Leica thing and has gotten me quite worked up on it!

	...As we prepare to trade in all our gear for digital whatever.

Some of his issues:

The demise of the M6 TTL.
The Pull up film rewind knob as in the M3.
Improved exposure measurement display from the M6TTL
	and two stage low battery display.
Many viewfinder improvements described

The reborn Leicavit with three stage gearing against Tom's Rapidwinder
with it's ultra simple user repairable gearing and much lower price.
(That's how I see it at least). This on the LUG will be an ongoing and
interesting thread as some of us try out the Leicavit.
My question will the smoothness and compactness Leica brings us in the
Leicavit possibly be worth the much higher price? It's bound to be for
some. I doubt me. But the proof is in the pudding.

And the new scalloped barrelled lenses on the MP.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com
Email: mark@rabinergroup.com