Subject: Re: [Leica] CL 39mm, .75mm pitch filter adapter and ring
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 11:27:26 EST

In a message dated 3/5/03 9:01:40 PM, jbcollier@shaw.ca writes:

<< Well you could strip the rubber off your hood and, viola, you have your
filter retaining ring. >>

John,

That's what I did yesterday. It took me hours to do. The quality of that
shade's rubber was remarkable. It was tough as nails. I can get a UV filter
easily locally for $39. I also found a 39mm step up ring in my collection of
parts that permits me to use series VI filters. Unexpectedly I was able to
find a number of solutions.  But I still miss the original compact rubber
hood because it's neat and proportional to the lens. What I found remarkable
is that the series VI step up ring doesn't project into the CL viewfinder.
I'm really beginning to appreciate the design of the CL. Leica is forever.

Bob R