Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica Guilt?
From: "Kit McChesney | acmefoto" <kitmc@acmefoto.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 17:10:44 -0700

Seth--

Wonderful description. Thank you. :)

Kit
- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
[mailto:owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us]On Behalf Of Seth Rosner
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2003 4:45 PM
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

Kit, in season, QE2 still does regular transat crossings, I think from April
through September or October. She's being taken out of service to make way
for the new Queen Mary II, a 3,000 passenger 150,000 gross tonnes megaship,
too big for my liking.

And several of the well-known cruise lines move ships between the Caribbean
and Europe/Med as the seasons change. But they sail from Miami or Port
Everglades or something like that.

With the possible exception of QE2, today there is nothing whatever to
compare with the excitement of a sailing departure from New York of one of
the great liners. It was a bit like New Year's Eve, people at the railings
and on the pier waving at one another, confetti flying, champagne corks
popping and the deep penetrating boom of the ship's horn signaling that all
lines have been cast off and the ship is under way, a tugboat humping away
at the ship's stern to bend it into the channel and point the head down the
North River, past the Statue of Liberty and on toward the Ambrose Light and
the open sea. It was something else.

Seth            LaK 9