Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica Guilt?
From: "Kit McChesney | acmefoto" <kitmc@acmefoto.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 17:10:43 -0700

Henning--

I see your point. I've only been on one cruise, and unfortunately for the
landlubbers, it was during Hurricane Andrew! (No wonder it was so cheap!)
The cruise ship was fabulous ... one of the Royal Caribbean ships,
brand-new, and my son was only 4 months old ... we had the oldest and
youngest passengers aboard. My then-mother-in-law was, at that time, 87
years old. We had to stay at sea longer than the cruise was supposed to
last, and were out of the 'cane, redirected to cruise the waters south of
Cuba. When we arrived back on land, the devastation was unreal.

I got a bit of a literary taste for storms reading David Masiel's book 2182
KhZ recently, a novel about tugs and barge pushing ships in the Alaskan
Arctic. Makes you realize that even a heavy ship can be tossed around like a
ping-pong ball on the high seas.

Kit