Subject: [Leica] Atlantic Crossing
From: Ken Firestone <kenf@speakeasy.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 15:32:22 -0800 (PST)

Kit,

You had better hurry up. The QE2 is going out of service soon. To be
replaced with a much bigger ship sometime in the future.

BTW, this crossing can be done in much less than 5 days. The United
States did it in about 3 on its maden voyage. And I too wish I could
cross the atlantic by ship. I hate flying.

At this time of year the QE2 is doing transatlantic runs. Give it a
try, its a great ship and I will meet you on the quayside here in
Southampton.

Gerry

Kit McChesney | acmefoto wrote:
 Gosh. I wish they had transatlantic crossings for passengers (not
just merchant marines) by ship these days. Used to be, so I'm told,
you could take a tanker or a cargo ship across the waters ... is this
still true? Has anyone ever done this, or done it recently?

 Kit