Subject: RE: [Leica] Is a Good Used M6TTL Worth More Than...?
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 10:39:26 -0500

Hi Buzz,

> I am not sure what you mean, Austin.

It's quite simple.  You said the doctor got only $2k.  The overall billings
to the insurance companies are far more than $2k.  Who gets all the money?

> The hospital gets about four to
> five grand for the birth, laboratories collect another one and a half to
> two thousand.  That's about it for normal prenatal care and a moderately
> complicated delivery.

Hum.  Our two routine births were a hell of a lot more than that!

> My point is, what's your M6 or M7 worth to you in terms of other aspects
> of your life about which one may or may not complain?

But on the other hand, births are a lot more common than M7's ;-)

> For those among
> us with stents, was your heart procedure worth as much to you as a
> camera?

I feel that's a useless metric, and that isn't meant insultingly at all,
just stating what I feel.  Of course life issues are far more important, but
what does money have to do with level of importance?  Should you pay a
mechanic $20k to do brakes on your car, because if he doesn't, 6 people may
die?  Certainly a brake job is more important than M7 to some, but that
doesn't mean it should cost more!

Regards,

Austin