Subject: [Leica] M6/M6TTL meters...
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 14:07:39 -0500

The discussion by Victor of his meter question, and some other discussion
I've had on another list had me look up some information on the Leica
M6/M6TTL meters.  I found:

The M6 meter goes from EV 0 to EV 20
The M6TTL meter goes from EV -2 to EV 20

That is according to the manuals I have...

Now, that, to me, is a very good reason to get an M6TTL over an M6 if you do
a lot of low light work...but the question I have, is there a difference in
the early M6 meter and the later M6 meter, as far as EV capability goes?  I
wasn't aware there was any difference, but the recent thread about Victor's
question gave information that there were in fact two different metering
systems for the M6, so perhaps there is more of a difference than has
already been stated?

Austin