Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Johnnie Walker
From: "Nathan Wajsman (private)" <nathanw@bluewin.ch>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 09:50:16 +0100

Bill,

OK, my assessment was perhaps a bit harsh. I have always liked whiskey
and before I knew better I used to drink stuff like Johnnie Walker or
Balantines. They are like Bud beer: not particularly good, but they
belong to big companies and are supported by huge advertising budgets,
so they are the easy choice. But when I moved back to Europe 8 years
ago, I found myself spending a lot of time in airports in connection
with many business trips. And most of the airports which I frequent have
a good whiskey selection in their tax free shops, or even a dedicated
whiskey shop (there is a chain called Whiskey World or something like
that). So I bought my first bottle of Lagavulin and was hooked on the
stuff. Like fine wine, it has its own specific character, it is
certainly not for everyone, but I love it. Over time, I have tried many
other single malts, and usually have 4-5 different ones in the house,
but Lagavulin remains my favorite.

Nathan