Subject: Re: Re: [Leica] I just got an Epson 2200
From: rclompus@cox.net
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 22:30:45 -0500

I would recommend printing on Epson's enhanced (archival) matt
paper with black ink printing.  If you're using a Mac, you have to
install the matt black ink cartridge, uninstall it and then reinstall it
again.  Unfortunately Epson's print driver doesn't yet fully support
OS X.  A warning may come up not to print in all black - but the
results are absolutely gorgeous.  The blacks are neutral without
color cast.  Be careflu of not scuffing the surface of the print.  You
can damage the surface fairly easily.  It's one hell of a printer.

The CompUSA where I bought my Epson 2200 was also out of the
matt black ink catridges.  I bought a dozen ink catrdiges from www.
altex.com for $8.90 each.  Their prices on paper is pretty good too.

Richard

Richard Clompus, OD
Roanoke, VA

> From: "Christopher Williams" <leicachris@worldnet.att.net>
> Date: 2003/02/26 Wed PM 09:27:12 EST
> To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] I just got an Epson 2200
>
> To get deeper blacks on the semigloss or lustre papers, set the
gamma to 2.2
> instead of the 2200 default of 1.8.
>
> I advise turning off the high speed mode, the printer works
slower, but
> quality is much improved.
>
> I am also using the 2200 for Duotones which are coming out
quiet nice.

> Still wondering if the 2200 RIP for $200 is worth the hassle.
>
> Chris
> New Orleans

than the print with