Subject: RE: [Leica] Sweet Tea, now catfish
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 19:45:12 -0500

At 04:10 PM 2/25/03 -0700, Kit McChesney | acmefoto wrote:
>Oh, hush puppies are next! Tea and hush puppies and corn on the cob ...
>'fore you know it, we'll be cycling back around to cornbread and collards
>again! ;-)

I grew up on a mixture of southern Northern and northern Southern food.  I
am no fan of sweet tea but drink unsweetened iced tea in massive
quantities.  I am no grand fan of catfish, though I have caught them and
have eaten more than my share of such.  But battered fried fish and hush
puppies are a delight at any time.  But, then, so is a pot roast with
potatoes, onions, and carrots, or a pot of green beans with a ham bone,
grossly overcooked.  Or stuffed flank steak.  Or Swiss steak.  Or all of
those Penn Dutch specialties.  Thin steaks wrapped around a quartered dill
pickle.  Smearcase.  And kippered herring (now, only available in these
parts as 'smoked herring' as the Nova Scotian and Scots originals are no
longer sold here).  And artichokes.  And crisp asparagus.  And lobster --
for that matter, crayfish are a great eat, though the way they serve the in
Pennsatucky is a bit different than that Cajun style!

For that matter, the one time I was exposed to Luddefisk I found it
delightful, though I believe I'd had far too much Lagavulin at the time.

Marc

msmall@infi.net  FAX:  +276/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!

Replies: Reply from "Geir Bugge-Olsen" <gbugge-o@frisurf.no> (Re: [Leica] Sweet Tea, now catfish)