Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica MP -- Yes, it's true!
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 09:45:25 -0600

From what I can see from the photo, we get the Leica Script back, which to
some is worth the price of admission.  It sure is more elegant than the RED
Dot.

Gene

                      Ernest Nitka
                      <enitka@twcny.rr.com>               To:       leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
                      Sent by:                            cc:
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo        Subject:  Re: [Leica] Leica MP -- Yes, it's true!
                      -alto.ca.us

                      02/23/2003 01:54 PM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

for those with a hankerin' for the M6MP can ya' tell me why you'd want
this camera?  Admittedly my cursory review of the specs didn't reveal
anything important except a step backward with the rewind knob.  the
rapidwinder can be had for M6 and M7 so it isn't even exclusive to the
MP.

If I had an MP in the closet along with my M6 classic I'd grab the M6
classic everytime - so what is the rationale behind this model ?  I
don't get it.  I suspect rangefinder patch flare is still there ( oh
it's not a design flaw..... it's paying homage to the great M6's of the

ernie
curious in syracuse

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] Leica MP -- Yes, it's true!)