Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica MP -- Yes, it's true!
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 07:44:40 -0700

The Tri-E is a marvel but it is an f/4 marvel. I do not want a
"marvelous" viewfinder that clocks in eight to sixteen times dimmer
than the current finder, thank you very much. The Contax G2 has a zoom
finder and I do not hear anyone raving about it. Living with it yes but
not happily. The Konica and CV offerings are very close to being equal
to the M finder.

I have been amazed at how little it takes to degrade the Leica finder.
A single finger print will affect the finder greatly. I have a 0.58x
camera whose super-imposed image is just slightly fuzzy; say a hair's
breadth different from a 0.72x. This very very slight difference makes
focusing the Noctilux wide open and close remarkably more difficult.

Contrary to you, I want more cameras with a Leica M finder. I want to
ban squinty fuzzy zoom finders from all cameras. I want my digital
camera to give the same clear view. In summation: I want my viewfinder/
camera not to obscure my view of the world. Only the Leica M does that
with the Konica and CV an acceptable second.

John Collier