Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital - Rumor Mongering long
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 22:46:17 -0800

Don Dory wrote:

> Austin,
> I base my comments on the Contax N Digital on the basis that of the three
> shops in town that sell them have the body and lenses on display but have
> not sold any.  They have sold out of brand C all flavors with waiting list,
> brand N especially the D100 flavor, Olympus especially the E flavor sells
> through with short back order.
>
> While I understand that Contax is still selling the Aria and has announced
> the RXII again, the local shops haven't been selling any.  While Atlanta is
> not the world, it is certainly large enough and diverse enough to give some
> idea of what is selling.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Don
> dorysrus@mindspring.com

I'm trying to be funny but I've really SEEN this happen and so have  you…
The salesperson behind the counter picks up a camera and says.

"This is the Contax or whatever camera. It's does this and cost this,
BUT THIS is the Canon camera. WHICH for HALF the money; will do this and
this and this and this."

IN other words the Contax camera are being used to see Canon Cameras.
Kind of a bait and switch?

In camera stores there are the favorite cameras to NOT SELL. Often it is
the German cameras Leicas at the top of the list for this position.

"Yes for all that money it's just the German Mark and their high price
of labor which makes it so expensive but for the same money look at this
CANON camera which has 20 TIMES the features of the Leica! And they're
coming out with a new and better one NEXT WEEK!

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com
Email: mark@rabinergroup.com