Subject: Re: OT- Mini Cooper RE: [Leica] Leica does it again
From: Slobodan Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 18:41:43 -0800

While Bosch components have the been the best I've used, I can't say
much for the wiring that they're connected to. Bad wiring from a
subcontractor is more often at fault than the component itself. Once it
starts, it's like a cancer. About the only thing that cures it, is
getting new wiring harnesses for the affected area.
I once had the wires to a fuel injection system fry on a road trip out
in Colorado. I barely got the car home. It was like doing open heart
surgery with the intake manifold off exposing wiring that had half
burned off and crumbled.
Slobodan Dimitrov

Marc James Small wrote:
> The only thing which makes me wary is the Bosch electrics.  I've spent most
> of my driving life with either Lucas or Bosch and I vastly prefer something
> which is fixable, which Bosch generally is not.
 (The electrics on my '84 Audi are currently in a muddle but, then, it
DOES keep running, though

Message from Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net> (Re: OT- Mini Cooper RE: [Leica] Leica does it again)