Subject: Re: OT- Mini Cooper RE: [Leica] Leica does it again
From: Nick Roberts <nickbroberts@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 18:31:37 -0800 (PST)

Hi Austin,

There's actually nothing whatsoever wrong with it
engineering-wise (at least so far as I know) - indeed,
as Marc and Jerry have commented, it'll almost
certainly work far better than the old one! But it
does nothing new - the original Mini was both an
inspired piece of styling and automotive
design/packaging that did break new ground. The charm
is gone, the Britishness is gone and replaced with
Teutonic efficiency - well fair enough, but you might
as well buy a Golf and have done. It's no longer an
Austin, Austin. (Sorry, couldn't resist that feeble
joke.)

Anyway, how many of them are there across the pond? I
guess the rarity value helps over there. Like if
you've not seen one they might look quite good! ;)

Nick