Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital - Rumor Mongering apologies to Mark R.
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 14:24:22 -0800

bdcolen wrote:

> I'll bet you a nickel Steve that it is around 300 - give or take.
>
> As to the 72 dpi photos - That's just plain stupid on their part. But
> have you thought of simply telling them what your minimum file size is,
> rather than banning digital? ;-)
>
> B. D.

These people do not know how to work the size control in Photoshop!
72 dpi would be OK if the specs said the image was three feet across at
72 dpi.
When you swith the dpi to 300 you then get a much smaller image but the
same file size.
It's the amount of pixels to go across not what dpi it's set at that
makes a difference isn't it?

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com