Subject: RE: [Leica] Digital - Rumour Mongering apologies to Mark R.
From: Tim Atherton <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 11:23:05 -0700

> I agree with you, I was only talking about my own publication. I am not
> anti-digital -- just anti-lo-rez. I am sure that the digi pics I
> am getting
> are from low end digicams and in that case the cheapest 35mm
> poin-n-shoot is
> considerably better.

My part-time "day job" is with a government Archives photo collection and we
end up working with a lot of Government Departments. The Government did away
with an official photographer a few years ago. Communications Officers and
everyone and his dog now does the photography. Quite often they come running
to us after deadline on a project because the images they sent to the
designer for a brochure/health or education campaign or whatever are all low
res digital crap! (err well it looked okay on the computer screen? And we
did buy the best Kodak camera they recommended at Walmart.... Doh! Duh!)

tim

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Digital now- digital archives)