Subject: Re: [Leica] Japanese special edition of new Leica M
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 07:36:49 -0700

Get ready for the end then because it looks to be coming. I have heard
this from too many sources to think it is not true. The plain fact of
the matter is that the M7 shutter is much cheaper to make than the M6
shutter. Leica cannot afford not to make the switch. I think it is
silly as the actual production cost between the new M6 and the M7 will
be minimal if anything at all.

They have been making a killing on the M7 and are starting to like
making money for a change. If they insisted on the same profit margin
for the M6TTL that they are getting with the M7, the TTL would cost
more than the M7! People are already voting with their pocket books and
that is why the TTL is dead. Maybe the new M6 body will be the
inexpensive introductory body that many on this list has been calling
for.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from Lucien <director@ubi.edu> (Re: [Leica] Japanese special edition of new Leica M)
Reply from Lucien <director@ubi.edu> (Re: [Leica] Japanese special edition of new Leica M)