Subject: [Leica] For sale and "Karsh"
From: Mark Langer <mlanger@ccs.carleton.ca>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 9:33:29 EST

I'm clearing out some duplicates, odds & ends and stuff to finance some
camera repairs.  Satisfaction guaranteed.  Prices in U.S. dollars.
Shipping and insurance at cost.  Info on the "Karsh" is in the Konica Auto
S3 ad below.

Konica Auto S3. Visually similar in appearance to the Leica CL but smaller
and with full flash synch from 1/8 sec to 1/500th. "Quite possibly the best
small rangefinder of the 1970s"  Davidde A. Stella. "One of the nicest
compact 35RF cameras...with fast sharp lens." Stephen Gandy.  1/2" longer
and 1/2" higher than a Rollei 35, BUT with a 6 element 38mm f1.8 lens
(called "one of the best semi-wide angle lenses of its speed we
have ever tested" by Modern Photography), GN flash system that compensates
for ambient light with any flash, exposure lock AND a rangefinder.  Also,
unlike the Rollei, the meter sensor is inside the filter ring, so no
manual filter compensation is necessary.  Meters correctly with non-mercury
batteries, and meter checks out perfectly against the one in my Leica M6.
Half the price of a Hexar and easier to use.  I have two of these, so this
one, with freshly cleaned range/viewfinder, has to go.   And yes, the glass
on this is really spectacular, even by the standards of this group..  Comes
with an original "Karsh" photo -- actually a photo taken of Karsh's grave
that is an original Langer, taken with this camera a few weeks ago when
checking that everything was in tip top shape.  Comes with battered
everready case and cap. $225.

Petri Blue Scope (or Blue Magic Scope).  This is a rare (not listed in
McKeown's) 35mm rangefinder with leaf shutter that looks like an unmetered
Petri 7, but has blue glass over the rangefinder window, blue-grey
leatherette, 4.5cm f2.8 Tessar-type lens, flash synch at 1 to 1/500th sec.
Shutter speeds appear appropriate, rangefinder is accurate and camera is in
great cosmetic condition.  Comes in original box, with case, lenscap,
original warrantee card, tag, instruction book and even the Petri silica
gel packet.  Cool Sixties "space-age" moderne styling.   I love these
rangefinders but have too many of them so out it goes. $49

Dianas!  Too many models to name here.  I have several variants from the type
151 to W272 with the different brand names, many in original box with
strap and cap.  All with the typical Diana shooting characteristics, for
cognoscenti of discerning tastes who will not be satisfied with mere
Holgas or Lomos.  Experience the images that only a Diana lens (the Summar
of plastic lenses) and light leaks can render, and find out why everyone is
talking about Diana cameras!  Contact me for descriptions and prices.

Graphic View 4x5 -- the same model camera, lens and shutter used by
Imogene Cunningham with full front and rear movements..  Legendary 203mm
Ektar in Supermatic shutter (recently CLA'd)  Terrific condition, no
pinholes in bellows, everything tight and working as it should.  Back
can be rotated for vertical or horizontal orientation.  Comes with
numerous film holders, tripod mount and carrying case. $349.

Mark Langer

Email address: mlanger@ccs.carleton.ca