Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital - Rumor Mongering apologies to Mark R.
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 15:16:53 -0500

B.D.,
I like you don't have an emotional investment in brands.  But healthy
competition is very good for people purchasing equipment.  The improvements
in the last ten years have been stupendous.

Getting back on topic, without the Konica, do you think that Leica would
have the M7?  Without pressure I don't think Leica would have upgraded their
lens line.

The local pro shop, has been selling the Olympus to small studios, wedding
photographers, small catalogue houses.  What they report selling are the two
camera's I mentioned, and they will no longer take trade's on medium format
as that is what is coming in for the new digital.  The reality is that 5MP
will work for most realistic purposes once it goes through a press or print
sizes are limited to 8X10 or so.  Of course, the owner of the shop might be
married to an executive VP of Olympus America. :)

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com