Subject: Re: [Leica] visoflex question
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 07:20:56 -0700

All M models will fit on a Visoflex III with a M5 release arm. However
the M5 release arm is not a common item so it is more accurate to say
that all M cameras except the M5 will fit on a Visoflex III. Here is a
good introduction to the Visoflex system:

http://elshaw.tripod.com/

The Visoflex II has a stepped prism that will not fit on the taller
cameras (M5, TTL, M7). You can fit a chimney prism or the prism from
the Visoflex III to get it to work but the release arm will not work
properly. I often use my Visoflex II with a Visoflex III prism and
release the mirror manually and use a cable release on the camera.

The Visoflex (I) can be mounted on any M camera as it uses a double
cable release. It has a  longer register and can only focus the older
lenses to infinity.

It is easier to answer specific questions on the Visoflex rather than
general ones as there are so many permutations and adapters.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> (Re: [Leica] visoflex question)