Subject: RE: [Leica] M[67] ramblings
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 16:01:12 -0800

Austin...  Must agree with you on the motor/E-M parts....the display in
terms of the M family is a simple set of LED's... I do not worry abnout them
too much... the LCD panel on the R8/9 would be a problem.

The issue over the PCB is to get the board already stuffed... as the
individual parts ( IC's ) may not be purchaseable from Leica as a
component.. it may be a board level purchase only......  Yes, replacement
PCB could be made.... using the then current technology... but I have never
seen this done for consumer electronics....

I don;lt know the circuitry in the M6 or M7... I have had inside information
on the CL camera... The IC was only an analog comparator(s).  That would be
pretty easy to copy.  I suspect the M6 has a simple uP to do the entire job,
and the M7 probably has the big brother with associated  analog drivers, etc
for the shutter solenoids ( or whatever you call the thingie that release
the mechanical shutter parts)....and a crystal oscillator... and then the
meter AE program.

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] M[67] ramblings)