Subject: Re: [Leica] Thoughts on shooting in snowstorms.
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 10:40:55 +0100 (MET)

> What do you folks who have worked in a snowstorm with its overcast used
> for film... or "filum" as the old geezer down the street calls it.  (I'm
> getting old, but not yet into gezzerdom.)

Snow is tough. Everyone and their brother claims it is white, but when you
see it in the dark north (it's getting better) it's just a grey blob.

I haven't succeeded. But I think my next test will be with Neopan 1600
probably shooting it at 3200 so I can do some adjustment to the metering
to get some "whites". There aren't any shadows so ...

At least dust on the negatives isn't a problem :) (but uneven development
will sure show up, particularly in medium format).

Daniel