Subject: Re: [Leica] FS: Special Anti-War Protest
From: Javier Perez <summarex@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 12:13:49 -0800 (PST)

Whoops! Sorry Marc
My mistake.
I guess it must be someone else on one of these lists.

I went downtown around Lexington with the eos1 and the
28-70 atx Tokina purely to get some pictures since I
am not an activist by nature and don't much buy into
left wing drivel although they do get it right once in
awhile. Anyway, it was an interesting crowd - Lot's of
boomers with no mind for real confrontation and lots
of younger sorts many of whom were outfitted in 60s
retro getups. Just about every possible cause was well
represented including the bizarre. They were mostly
peaceful butI can certainly understand why some might
want to stay away. I kinda looked more like the
village halloween party, another event I prefer to
skip. I noticed about 6 Ms and no Rs. All except 1
were minty m6s or 7s with fancy pants asph lenses and
a single user M4. Apparantly there are more chrome
late model m6s than black ones. Maybe they finally
figured it out. Chrome is tougher!  One guy had a
chrome user m4. I counted 2 and only 2 TLRs, a 124 and
a Rollei. Didn't notice anything from ZI! or Japanese
Contaxes. The oddest theing there was a Dakota SLR
sold through Quantaray. I guess it's Chinese or
Russian PK or M42. A very cute tiny camera btw. The
real kicker was to see about 2 or 3 spacey looking
50somethings with FTNs! I guess that makes them
conservatives! The rest included the usual A and Eos
series canons, Nikons and Pentaxes. What pleased me
the most was to find so many people still using manual
focus cameras. The thing I didn't see much of were the
older pro SLRs. F2s F3s XKs etc. This was afterall an
amateur crowd and the pros have all gone digital. Oh,
and no one asked me to take a picture of them.
See Ya
Javier

>EZ for you to say Marc since you're a combat veteran

Whoa!  Hold your horses!  I am NOT a combat veteran by
any stretch,
though
my father and many ancestors were such.  I merely
pulled twenty years
in
the active Army, Guard, and Reserve.  The only time
I've ever had a
firearm
waved at me was by an angry client.

I'm what the military calls a 'REMF'.