Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: MF rangefinders (was M6 with studio flash try out)
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 14:09:56 -0500

> Dear Friends:
>
> You may mant to consider the Rollei 600X. It has a very good metering
> system from what Iīve been told and even though lenses donīt get
> as fast as
> in 35 mm.  They have an 80mm. f/2 and a 50mm. f/2.8
>
> Best regards,
>
> Aka.

Well, yeah...it is an exceptional camera, but it's a beaster.  It is way too
big to just tote around, at least comfortably.  In fact, I have one...but I
find I don't use it, and use my Hasselblad in favor, as it is much lighter
and far more compact.  The 600x is an exceptional studio camera...but not
really in the same use league as a rangefinder or TLR.

Regards,

Austin

Replies: Reply from Jim Hemenway <jim@hemenway.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: MF rangefinders (was M6 with studio flash try out))
Reply from "Phil Leeson" <pjleeson@mchsi.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: MF rangefinders)