Subject: Re: [Leica] What digital SLR?
From: "Gene" <sop@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 00:32:58 -0800

Well, since you say you have a bunch of Nikkor lenses, the choices would
logically be:
Nikon
Fuji
Kodak
To select from that pot, what are your photographic interests.  If you lean
toward available light, or sports action, and you don't expect to need
prints larger than 8x10, I'd be looking hard at the DCS 620/720 bodies. If
you are into large prints, one of the 6MP jobs is for you. If you are
looking for small prints and stuff for the Web, some of the older Kodak's
that sold for big bucks a few years ago can be had in the $500 range.

While I eventually want a 6MP camera like the Kodak DCS 660/760 based on the
F5, I just bought a 3 MP Fuji S1 to tide me over until the prices on the
used market are driven down by this years new crop of high resolution
cameras. I don't tend to be an early adapter, which is why I bought a six
month old M6 TTl instead of a M7. I can use my F5 as a point and shoot
camera.

I toyed with the idea of picking up a Canon D30 and a dedicated lens but
really wanted to avoid the redundancy.

Gene