Subject: Re: [Leica] How can a Leica not come from an "authorized Leica dealer"?
From: Steven Alexander <alexpix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 16:25:21 -0500

I have been somewhat following this thread, with some interest...the Leica
SF20 I recently purchased came with international warranty paperwork.  This
came from a reliable authorized Leica dealer,  so I asked if, because it was
such a very good deal if it was not obtained through Leica USA. He assured
me it was and opened up a new one that had recently arrived from NJ and it
too had only the International paperwork.  The point being that Leica USA is
prepared to deal with International warranty goods.  If you purchase a
product sold internationally and it contains warranty coverage that
protection should be honored.  The value added US Passport coverage is a US
product, as I understand the process. Let's all go out and break a few Leica
products to test this idea.:<)

Happy snaps,
Steven Alexander