Subject: RE: [Leica] How can a Leica not come from an "authorized Leica dealer"?
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 16:20:23 -0500

Patrick,

> In this case, you are not buying from a European
> dealer, and the international warranty is void.

Er, why?  The warranty is transferable, the International Warranty should
not be void, no matter where it is purchased.

> My own conclusion:  A dealer cannot "make" a piece of
> equipment a US model

Absolutely, but I'm not asking anyone to.  I am simply stating that the
International Warranty IS transferable, period.  If that is the case, and it
is, EVERY camera should have a warranty, from the time it is first sold by
the Leica authorized dealer, which it absolutely had to at some point in
time.

Austin