Subject: Re: [Leica] Warranty Issues
From: Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 07:56:25 -0800

John

What do you mean that it is not possible for the dealer to remove
the Passport papers and offer to charge me less?   HE DID, and
all your febrile maunderings cannot change a condition of fact.

All the protestations of Herr Horn cannot change that.

Personally, I don't care about the coverage of Leica warranty's, as
the last brand new Leica that I bought was in Munich, in 1959.
That M3 gave me 40 trouble-free years.  All my other Leicas
have been bought used, so I needed no Passport.  My insurance
policy and a retired Leica technician living in this area took care
of all my problems.

I am certain that all of your and Austin Franklin's discussions on
warranty will be of great interest to most others, though.  I wish
that you two can come to an agreement commensurate with
Leica's policy and intent.

Jerry