Subject: RE: [Leica] 800 speed films - Thanks for all the input!
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 08:13:19 +0100 (MET)

> I am willing to send it to one of the professional labs I use, if they don't
> come out as well as I would like after running a few rolls through the local
> lab.

Austin,
I've done just that (family snaps) with the film as well. My local lab,
I'll have to admit, is very very good for being a consumer lab. It's a
Fuji lab using the most modern Fuji equipment. They do, however, manually
judge each shot for color balance. Anyway, my results have been just fine.
A good local lab should be enough.

I think it might have been mentioned ... but I seem to recall much better
results with mercury vapor and whatever they use in arenas, but the yellow
cast from tungsten is stuck in there a little harder.

The third picture down was available light BEFORE Fuji put in their "4th
Layer". It is _much_ better now.

http://geocities.com/daniel_ridings/sofia.html

Daniel