Subject: RE: [Leica] 800 speed films - Thanks for all the input!
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 22:10:34 -0500

The last 800 speed color films I tried were really bad, grainy and terrible
color balance.  I was unaware that the 800 speed color films had come so
far, and I'm glad to hear it.

This is literally for family happy snaps, which I will be making mostly 4x6
prints from.  I plan on having the film processed by a local lab that does
automated processing and automated printing.  I don't plan on scanning, so
color balance from automated printing is important to me.  I'll try the Fuji
Press 800, and shoot it 1/2 stop slower.

I am willing to send it to one of the professional labs I use, if they don't
come out as well as I would like after running a few rolls through the local
lab.

Thanks again for all the great info, and any further comments especially WRT
color balance and printing, are all greatly appreciated.

Austin

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] 800 speed films - Thanks, find a Frontier lab)
Reply from "Phil Leeson" <pjleeson@mchsi.com> (Re: [Leica] 800 speed films - Thanks for all the input!)