Subject: RE: [Leica] High speed color films...
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 22:00:19 -0500

Sonny,

> I don't recall being an ass. Maybe I am .

Demeaning someone as you clearly did is being an ass in my book.

> It is just that MANY people
> (including me) have answered your question with picture examples of  mixed
> lighting, and fluorescent lighting, and tungsten lighting, and daylight
> lighting, and STILL you remain unconvinced.

How do you know what I am thinking?  How do you know what I am going to be
doing with the film?  Because I ask people some further questions,
specifically, what film they are talking about, for those that didn't state
a specific film, and asking if they made prints and how they liked the color
balance...that has you believing I "STILL remain unconvinced", or that there
are no more questions to be asked/answered that would give me more
information.  How do you know what information I am looking for?

Web based pictures are NOT the same as prints.  I will be using the film for
making PRINTS, automated prints, I will not be scanning the film.  That is
why I am asking people follow-up questions, and the fact is, it's simply not
your place to tell me when I have enough information, or to tell people to
"not waste your time".  I happen to be getting some GREAT responses with
excellent information, and for some reason you have some agenda to try to
derail that.  I simply don't understand it.

> So, who is arrogant?

Clearly you.  By telling someone "not to waste your time", and claiming "the
subjective is beyond him".  It's up to ME to determine when I have the
information I want, NOT YOU.

> I have never been accused of that by anyone but you.

Perhaps I'm the only one who has bothered to say it.

> Whew!  A NEW title!   Presumptuous?  I was one of the first
> people to answer
> your question.

So what?  That information was great, but now you demeaning statements are
entirely inappropriate.

> I have shot more than a thousand rolls of 800
> film, and had
> prints pulled.  I answered you question the first morning you asked it.

There are a lot of other people who have opinions as well, equally as
valuable as yours.  You did NOT state what film you were using, you simply
said "Fuji 800".  You said you scan, I am not scanning the film.  Your
answer was not enough for me to simply just say I've got enough information.

> Bullshit?  Who is demeaning who?

I simply was calling you on your inappropriately demeaning statements.

> Just buy the damn film, it only costs a few bucks. Shoot it. If
> you like it,
> then use it.

Because that's not what I want to do, and that's up to me to decide how I go
about doing things.  I have to order what ever film(s) I choose from B&H,
the nearest place that MAY have it is one hour in each direction away.  I
have better things to do with my time, and I appreciate the (useful)
sure it will get me in the ballpark.

What on earth did you think my reaction would be to your telling people:

"Austin just wants some data that will prove it
is better"

"The subjective opinion is beyond him."

"Don't waste your time."

Well?  Did you think I would appreciate those comments?  You really should
think about what you said, and how inappropriate it was.

I'm not going to discuss this any more with you, nor do I have any interest
in pursuing this in private.

Austin

Replies: Reply from "\(SonC\) Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com> (Re: [Leica] High speed color films...)