Subject: RE: [Leica] High speed color films...
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 10:25:20 -0500

B.D.,

> Austin. First off, it can be used outdoors to provide a
> combination of higher shutter speed and small aperture.

Er, right.  I believe I mentioned that as one use...

> Second off, 800
> asa can be used with modern cameras with flash in the 5.6 range...don't
> forget, the flash output is controlled by the compu....ah, camera...
> ;-)....

OK...but I'm not seeing the real point of doing so over another film.

> AND...the Fuji four-layer film does a reasonable job in available light,
> and provides for pretty reasonable color correction....

That is what I was interested in.

> And, no - I have not run tests, do not have engineering reports, and do
> not have a degree in chemistry - so I am not prepared to debate you on
> anything I have just said...take it or leave it.. :-)

Yeah, but I'd like to know what your information is based on.  Pure
speculation, parroting something you read somewhere or actual
usage...precisely tested or not ;-)

Austin

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] High speed color films...)