Subject: [Leica] High speed color films...
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 00:44:24 -0500

High speed color films...like with ISO 800.  Color films have color balance.
That is why when you shoot color film without flash indoors, the pictures
come out yellow... OK, so what would be the purpose for 800 speed color
film, if you are going to get yellow pictures shooting with it in low light
conditions?  It can't be for use with a flash, you'd be shooting at f22 and
using a really low powered flash...  Even for outdoor use, for fast
sports...it might be useful for a very fast camera (as in fast shutter
speed), really stopped down...but I'd think you'd be hard pressed to really
"need" it.  Under some circumstances, I could see it being useful...like if
the sky is overcast.

Does anyone actually use high speed color film for low light indoor use?  If
so, what have you noticed WRT color balance?  What do you use 800 speed film
for?

Kodak has some new 800 Porta, which is why I'm asking.

Austin

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] High speed color films...)
Reply from "John Straus" <Mail@SlideOne.com> (Re: [Leica] High speed color films...)
Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] High speed color films...)