Subject: Re: [Leica] Photoshop 7 vs, Elements 2.0
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 09:48:40 -0500

rclompus@cox.net wrote:
> I need your opinion.  I will be working a new iMac, Nikon 4000 dpi slide scanner and Epson 2200 printer for color and B&W.
>
> I use Photoshop 7 at work but wonder if the basic Photoshop Elements 2.0 is adequate for home use?  I won't be doing that much manipulation - just basic color, contrast and re-sizing.
>
> What do you think?

I think that the lack of the "Curves" adjustment tool is a major
problem. I'm also not sure that Elements has the full range of color
management stuff that Photoshop 7 does.

I do know for sure that Elements does not have any CYMK stuff, although
that probably isn't a concern to most on this list.

If your other stuff was low-end, I would say go with Elements maybe. But
to get the most out of the Nikon 4000 and the Epson 2200, I think you
need the full Photoshop.

- --
Rolfe Tessem
Lucky Duck Productions, Inc.