Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M 50mm f/2.0 50 Year Summicron
From: (Noel Charchuk)
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 09:51:24 -0500

I have mounted my current Elmar-M on the old SOOKY-M (after removing the metal sleeve from inside)and it worked well. It also fit and worked on my Nooky-Hesum, the bayonet flange is the same as the Summar and other lenses that fit the N-H close up adapter.
I usually use this setup up at f:8 or 11, the results were fine.
John Collier <> wrote:

>Hi Alex,
>I know of two other users who just mounted their 50/2.8-M on their
>close focusing "eyes" with no problems.  You do have to stop the
>optical unit down but Leitz originally recommended that too. Anyone
>else out there tried it out?
>John Collier
>On Thursday, February 6, 2003, at 02:01 AM,
>> John Collier wrote:
>>> After all the latest 50/2.8-M will mount in
>>> the old accessories after you remove the plastic cover on the optical
>>> unit's bayonet.
>> Yes it will mount, but it is still NOT compatible with the SOOKY-M!!
>> The internal bayonet it located at a different distance from the film
>> plane
>> than with the original 2,8/50. Stupid Leica product developers! :-(
>> It is possible to modify a SOOKY-M to give correct rangefinder
>> readings with
>> the modern Elmar (I have done that) but without modifications, you'll
>> get
>> unsharp results - even with the lens stopped down!
>> BTW, the bayonet cover is made of aluminum, not plastic. I know that
>> because
>> I filed down the outer edge of the cover so the lens can be fittet on
>> the
>> SOOKY with the cover in place.
>To unsubscribe, see

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <> (Re: [Leica] Re: M 50mm f/2.0 50 Year Summicron)