Subject: Re: Now Google - RE: [Leica] RE:Ebay
From: Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 12:23:12 -0800

Jerry Lehrer wrote:

> By having advertisers and banners and everything short of pop-ups.

At the risk of sounding like a paid advertisement myself (Brian -- I'll
expect that check in the mail... ;) one of the reasons I use Google
exclusively is because it has *not* forgotten why people use the site
in the first place: Ads are out-of-the-way and do not interfere with my
searching.  If I want them, then I can find them, but the advertising
on Google doesn't (as yet) intrude.  The other services that I used to
use (Yahoo, Alta Vista) forgot why people use a search tool and made it
so difficult to separate search results from advertisements, that I
stopped using them altogether.

Of course, the other reason is that the technology that Google is built
upon means that it finds many, many more relevant results than did
those other services... ;)

M.

Replies: Reply from Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com> ([Leica] Correct hood for 35mm 'cron, first version?)