Subject: Re: [Leica] Fast lens.
From: Evan J Dong <ejdong@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 01:44:22 -0500

Henry,

My wife and I recently came back form a 6 weeks tour of China and I shot
some Exterior and some Interior shots of 2 Buddhist temples. One temple
was in Chongqing Province and the other was in WuXi City. No flash
photography allowed inside the following buildings: temples, museum,
government buildings, high security areas, etc.
For the Buddhist temple, ABSOLUTELY NO PICTURE TAKING INSIDE the House of
Worship.  I manage to sneak a couple of shots off using my Rolleiflex T.
But they did followed me around like a hawk and constantly telling me do
not shot.
On the other hand, I visited a Taoist temple and had no problems with the
officials, just with some of the local people who comments on
this"foreigner" not respecting their House of Worship. Also just to
clarify, I wasn't the only individual who was taking pictures. There was
quite a few locals and foreign travelers taking pictures. SO go figure
that one out.

Unfortunately for me, I didn't bring my Leica M4-2 with me. I used my
Nikon FE with a 50mmF1.4. Film Was Kodak ED200 Elite Chrome film. The
final results of my chromes was superb and the sharpness was there. But I
still wished that I bought my Leica along. Sigh..

Evan