Subject: Re: [Leica] Learning to see
From: Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 14:26:16 -0800

Bill Satterfield wrote:

> Fill the frame. Try to tell a story. Do not take picture post card
> type pictures. You can buy these and save your film, camera and time.
> Try to give a new  perspective to the dime a dozen type photos so
> common today. Most important of all, take pictures. Practice,
> practice, practice.

These are all great and these are all true, but they are not exercises
as much as they are words of wisdom.  I find that the hard part lies in
figuring out *how* to acquire a new perspective.  And while practicing
and taking pictures is definately part of what you need to do to go
from "camera owner" to "photographer", there are a lot of people who
take pictures and do not progress much: the dime-a-dozen crowd.

How do you go about telling a story?  What have you found to work in
your experience?

M.