Subject: [Leica] Re: Chamber music pictures, M4 Black Paint & Pictures at airports
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 14:23:47 -0500

Luggers,
    To Peter Klein,
        Your photos did look a little contrasty, however, there was plenty
of detail in the black of the suits. It sounds like to never made "real"
prints, just digital ones. :-(
    A lower contrast printing paper might have helped, or reduce the
development a bit. Pushing film increases contrast, combine this with
contrasty light and you're asking for trouble.

  To Jerry who wrote.."...I took a Dremel Tool with wire brushes and cloth
abrasive wheels to my black M2-R,  it would INCREASE in value?
    Jerry, the Leica M2-R was never officially made in black. Only one is
known to exist, this was a conversion done by Professional Camera Repair
Service years ago for a gentleman named Darryl Marks and restoring the
camera in black was more an accident then intentional according to him. He
said he sold the camera to a collector in California. I forget his name, but
he makes sunglasses and as I understand it the camera rarely if ever leaves
the wine cellar where it is stored. Is this the camera, or is another
refinish M2-R floating about?

    Re: Airport photography.... In some ex-Iron Curtain, and third world
counties any photography in or around the airport is forbidden. (the old
security excuse) Be very careful.

Happy Snaps,
Sal

Sal DiMarco, Jr.