Subject: Re: [Leica] Reflections #5
From: "GeeBee" <graham@geebeespaw.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 17:17:02 -0000

From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: 31 January 2003 01:49

> Graham, this year is turning out to be even worse for me than last year so
> this is a little late.  This image,
> http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/gal2_17.html
> is one of your stronger contributions.  You have a gift for finding
peaceful
> images that calm the soul.  You frequently find a part of the world that
> many pass by with nary a nod and record remarkable scenes.
>
> What works in this image is the foreground off center with echoes going
into
> the distance, confirmed by the reflections.  All partially obscured by the
> fog veiling the reality.  What could be better was enough more fog to
> obscure the non-conforming tree in the distance.  But then again, I could
> argue the diversity thing being a positive.
>
> just my two cents.
>
> Don

Hi Don,
Thanks. The conformity of the trees you mention is because they were planted
to line the driveway of Stoke Bruerne house. They once echoed to the sound
of country gentlemens' carriages but now mark part of a footpath that
crosses a meadow where sheep graze. Also shot it in colour :

http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/fav_22.html

- --Graham