Subject: Re: [Leica] Fwd: A clarification of warranty repairs requested.
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 14:38:05 -0700

The Passport warrantees are only valid in the issuing country as far as
I know. All Leica cameras and lenses are covered by a international
warranty with varying periods. So just hand over the camera and tell
them where it came from. They will email the distributor to confirm you
are not pulling their chain and go ahead with any repairs or
adjustments. There are some areas I am not too sure about. For
instance, code U (demo, etc) equipment may only be covered by the
distributor.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from Bill Satterfield <cwsat@istate.net> (Re: [Leica] Fwd: A clarification of warranty repairs requested.)