Subject: RE: [Leica] "The 50-Year Summicron" Leica commemorative Summicron-M 50mm f/2
From: "Kit McChesney | Acmefoto" <kitmc@acmefoto.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 12:46:34 -0700

John--

Thanks for the info. 'Preciate it.

Looks as if there are half a dozen or a bit more out there. But all the M6
rebates from Leica were discontinued on December 31, so if they are
advertising with a rebate, then they must be planning to create one
in-house, because Leica will no longer honor the expired one. I'd question
the availability posted on some of those Web sites since they are
advertising an expired rebate. Probably haven't updated their Web sites
since December. ;-)

Anyway, it's an M6, and we know what that means. Once folks realize that
there are no more M6's, they'll all be hard to find, black paint or not. ;-)

Kit